Red'n Ready Neverending Story
Tira is from my Fairytale-litter and is co-owned by me and living with her co-owner Essi. She will hopefully be a part of my breeding program in the future.
- Australian shepherd, bitch
- Born 04.11.2019 in Finland
- Black tricolor, long tail
- Breeder: Kennel Red'n Ready
- Owner: Shanti Karinen, Helsinki, Finland
- Co-owner: Essi Labart, Espoo
- Height: 48 cm
- Weight: 14 kg
- Hips: A/A
- Elbows: 0/0
- Back: LTV0 VA0 (normal)
- Shoulders OCD free at 1-year old
- knees checked normal 0/0 in 11/20
- All teeth, normal bite
- Eyes checked healthy 12/2019 (as a puppy)
- DNA: MDR1 and DCM carrier, free of DM, prcd-PRA, CEA, HSF4 & CMR1
- hobbies include herding and being a stable dog
- has passed FCI Traditional Style Natural Herding Aptitude Test (FCI NHAT) in summer 2020
- Sire: Titangus Adair
- Dam: Red'n Ready Snow White
- >>> Tira in Finnish database
Tira stayed longer at home with us because she fractured her left front leg when she was just 4 weeks old. She needed to be kept away from the other puppies for basically the whole 3 weeks they were all still here and could come out of her cage only for short, supervised times. So whenever she got out she was very very full of energy. But even with very limited socialization she has turned out to be a social and well-balanced puppy. Even though she is a bit of an biting monster.
At 9 weeks of age she moved to live with my previous puppy owner Essi and her aussie Kipp and older daschhund Vilda. We were very lucky Essi wanted to take her as the fracture in her leg was a difficult one and might need surgery in the future if it does not heal perfectly. We took control x-rays every month until she was full grown to make sure her leg was healing like it should be, and everything went perfectly. Tira was last x-rayed at 12 months and the vet said if you did not know to look for it, you would not find the injury.
Tira has grown into a very social, friendly, open and happy girl. She is living a active life with her big brother/idol Kipp and they accompany their owner to the horse stable every day, come along for rides, watch over riding lessons and run around. Tira's main hobby is herding, and in it she is showing lots of promise. She loves to work, and has a good balance of drive with sensitivity to pressure. In every day life she gets along great with everyone and is not very confrontational but likes other dogs, humans and animals. A easy young girl, we will see how she develops as she grows up!