Ruff'n' Tuff Black Betty
Sysi is a co-owned female from Austria living with a friend. She will hopefully be a part of our breeding program in the future.
- Australian shepherd, female
- Born 23.03.2019, Austrial
- Black bicolor, long tail
- Breeder: Kennel Ruff'n' Tuff, Alexandra Lehnert
- Owner: Shanti Karinen, kennel Red'n Ready
- Lives with Tiia Lempiäinen, Espoo
- ASCA & FCI registered
- Height: 52 cm
- Weight: 19 kg
- Hips: A/A
- Elbows: 0/0
- Eyes: healthy as a pup & 10/21
- Back: LTV0 VA0 (normal)
- All teeth, correct puppy bite
- MyDogDNA-tested: MDR1, HSF4, CEA & PRA-free
- Activities include agility, obedience and herding
- has passed FCI Traditional Style Herding Working Test (FCI HWT) in 2021 with 93/100 points
- competed in rally class 1 with title RTK1 -> moved up to class 2
- competes in agility class 1 with 2 clear runs so far
- Sire: Withoutlimit's BJ Jamiro "Jamiro"
- Dam: Let's talk about Dark Witch "Nox"
- >>>Sysi in Finnish database
Sysi is a young female from the same kennel as my Austrian import Taika, from the same mother Nox. I fell in love with Nox when I picked Taika up already, and because Taika never came into heat I asked the breeder Alex if she would sell me an other female from Nox's second litter. The first litter had 6 girls and 1 boy, but the second was opposite with 6 boys and 1 girl! I am very grateful for Alex for entrusting me with the only girl of the litter! Also the sire Jamiro was a male I had my eyes on for a long time, he comes from a great line of Hanging Tree dogs in the US and JJ Ranch in the Netherlands. Jamiro's sire Certik was an amazing male I met in 2010 in the US and he won the Most Versatile Aussie-title at ASCA Nationals 4 times in a row.
Sysi has grown up to a perfect copy of her mother Nox. She is very large, but not heavy at the least. She is all legs and back and almost no white. She is owned by me but lives with my puppy buyers Tiia and her family + aussie Piki from my first litter. They are quite the back duo and Tiia has got her hands full with these two powerful and strong willed dogs. Sysi has a lot of speed, drive and intensity, and I think she will make a very cool agility dog. So har she has been on sheep a few times, but shows a lot of natural talent with high intensity but also sensitivity to handler pressure that is very nice to have. I am really excited to see what she will grow up to be and hopefully I can use her in my future breeding program.
Pictures: Anne Barck Photography, Maiju Livio
Site content: Shanti Karinen